Tennis coaching in schools
Each Spring, we are proud to deliver our annual Tennis Roadshow to around 2,000 children in 10 local infant and junior schools. We also deliver inter-schools competitions on behalf of New Forest School Sports Partnership. These events involve hundreds of children from school years 1 to 10.
Our Tennis Roadshow involves three sessions for each class, delivered by two coaches. Sessions involve ball skills, agility and co-ordination development, as well as tennis-specific coaching. We also provide continual professional development and lesson plans for the teachers. The final lesson of the roadshow series is a fun, challenge-based session. As a follow-up to the sessions we deliver, we also provide teachers with lesson plans, allowing them to continue with the delivery themselves.
All coaches have at least an LTA Level 2 qualification and annual accreditation. We are an approved curriculum sports provider registered with Hampshire County Council. All coaches have Enhanced DBS Disclosures and receive regular schools-specific training.
Examples of the services that we can provide in schools include:
- infant and junior school Tennis Roadshow in the Spring or Summer Term
- sessions can be delivered in the hall, or the playground
- after-school clubs, with online booking available for parents
- a “Mini Wimbledon” festival either on the school site, or at the tennis centre
- local infant, junior and secondary schools can take part in our inter-school events for Years 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8 and 9&10
- fundraising tennis activity stall for local school fayres
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 8066 7532.