Welcome to the Totton & Eling Tennis Centre
Further to government and national governing body advice regarding a return to playing tennis, we are delighted to confirm that the tennis centre has now reopened for pay-and-play court hirers and membership subscribers. Because we are able to offer online court booking and automated gate access via pin number, we are well placed to offer a service that meets social distancing guidelines. The courts are open each day from 08:00-21:00. Pay-and-play courts cost £8 per hour and can be booked up to 72 hours in advance.
From week commencing 6th July, we are also offering a renewed junior coaching programme, with groups restricted to a maximum of 5 participants. We are delighted to be able to offer sessions across 6 days of the week, covering all ages and abilities. Sessions cost £9 each, which reflects the low coach-to-participant ratio.
We are also pleased to be able to offer tennis clinics during the July / August holidays, with 2-hour outdoor sessions designed to be safe first and foremost, but also individually-rewarding and engaging. Sessions are split between two age groups, and will be sub-divided further within each group.
Finally, we are delighted to say that as a result of government restrictions on out-of-school activities being relaxed, we will be able to resume our normal coaching groups from September, and will be writing to participants with further details. For new participants, free trials will be available again in September (please email or call us), or we will shortly be relaunching our Tennis for Kids sessions, which offer children aged 10 & under access to 6 coaching sessions, a t-shirt and racquet, all for only £29.99.
We ask that all customers please observe the government’s and national governing body’s guidelines:
- both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household
- it is vital that you continue to practise social distancing at all times when on site
- indoor facilities, e.g. toilets, will not be available at the current time
- please consider using hand sanitiser before and after you touch common surfaces, e.g. the keypad, gates, etc. (or you could wear gloves)
- if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required)
- the facility will not always be staffed. However, as we have done throughout the lockdown, we will keep an eye on the site remotely via the CCTV system, and we will make regular safety visits
- if you have any questions, wish to organise for your racquet to be restrung, or need to purchase balls, it may be possible to arrange this when a member of staff is on site. Please call 0238 155 0 122 to enquire
- unfortunately it will not be possible to borrow equipment
- please do not come to play if you or any member of your household are displaying symptoms of the Covid-19 virus
- full guidance on returning to play is available on the LTA’s website – https://www.lta.org.uk/coronavirus.
We have 8 floodlit tennis courts available for hire, coaching and membership. The centre is located at Hanger Farm, close to both Southampton and the New Forest. There is a lovely clubhouse and patio overlooking the courts. For a whole day out, there is even a playing field, playground and paddling pool on site. We are open 7 days-per-week, all-year-round, and have lots of parking available.
Our most popular activity is our tennis coaching programme for children. We also have hundreds of local people who hire the tennis courts online, or who have gone on to become members.
Some suggested ways to play
- hire a tennis court using our online booking system
- attend a free coaching taster session before joining our weekly coaching programme
- become a member by taking out a monthly subscription
- come along to our tennis and multisport sessions in the school holidays
The Totton & Eling Tennis Centre was first built in 2004 and is maintained to the highest standard. All 8 tennis courts are floodlit and are available for hire online. Our tennis coaching programme runs all-year-round with 250+ local children attending each week. We are proud to teach around 2,000 children each year through our annual Schools Tennis Roadshow. Our adult coaching groups offer sessions year-round for beginner, improver and intermediate players. For regular social and competitive play, a monthly membership subscription offers great value. It includes unlimited court booking, extended booking priority, mix-ins, box leagues and teams.