Welome to the Totton & Eling Tennis Centre
Further to government and national governing body advice regarding a return to playing tennis, we are delighted to confirm that the tennis centre has now reopened for pay-and-play court hirers and membership subscribers. Because we are able to offer online court booking and automated gate access via pin number, we are well placed to offer a service that meets social distancing guidelines. Initially, the courts will be open each day from 08:00-20:00 and the floodlights will not be activated at this time. Pay-and-play courts cost £8 per hour and can be booked up to 72 hours in advance.
We ask that all customers please observe the government’s guidelines:
- you can play with members of your own household, up to four on a court
- you can play with one other person from outside of your household, i.e. singles only
- for the avoidance of doubt, doubles is only permitted when playing exclusively with other household members
- it is vital that you continue to practise social distancing at all times when on site
- indoor facilities, e.g. toilets, will not be available at the current time
- please consider using hand sanitiser before and after you touch common surfaces, e.g. the keypad, gates, etc. (or you could wear gloves)
- the facility will not be staffed. However, as we have done throughout the lockdown, we will keep an eye on the site remotely via the CCTV system, and we will make regular safety visits
- it will not be possible to borrow equipment
- to allow a buffer between players arriving and leaving, we request please that you finish playing by 5 minutes to the hour
- please do not come to play if you or any member of your household are displaying symptoms of the Covid-19 virus
Full guidance on returning to play is available on the LTA’s website – https://www.lta.org.uk/coronavirus.
Unfortunately, at the current time, all group coaching remains suspended until further notice, whilst the tennis centre clubhouse will stay closed for the foreseeable future.
We will update this information as the situation evolves over the coming weeks and appreciate your support at this challenging time.
We have 8 floodlit tennis courts available for hire, coaching and membership. The centre is located at Hanger Farm, close to both Southampton and the New Forest. There is a lovely clubhouse and patio overlooking the courts. For a whole day out, there is even a playing field, playground and paddling pool on site. We are open 7 days-per-week, all-year-round, and have lots of parking available.
Our most popular activity is our tennis coaching programme for children. We also have hundreds of local people who hire the tennis courts online, or who have gone on to become members.
Some suggested ways to play
- hire a tennis court using our online booking system
- attend a free coaching taster session before joining our weekly coaching programme
- become a member by taking out a monthly subscription
- come along to our tennis and multisport sessions in the school holidays
The Totton & Eling Tennis Centre was first built in 2004 and is maintained to the highest standard. All 8 tennis courts are floodlit and are available for hire online. Our tennis coaching programme runs all-year-round with 250+ local children attending each week. We are proud to teach around 2,000 children each year through our annual Schools Tennis Roadshow. Our adult coaching groups offer sessions year-round for beginner, improver and intermediate players. For regular social and competitive play, a monthly membership subscription offers great value. It includes unlimited court booking, extended booking priority, mix-ins, box leagues and teams.