Welcome to the Totton & Eling Tennis Centre
Coronavirus (Covid-19) – latest update (30th November)
We are delighted to say that activities will resume as follows from Wednesday 2nd December:
- Members can book courts to play from 2nd December
- Pay-and-Play courts can be hired from 2nd December
- Singles and doubles play will both be permitted
- Internal box leagues and the weekly mix-in will resume immediately. Box leagues will simply pick up from where they stopped previously, with extra time added to the end. The mix-in will resume on Wednesday 9th December for members, with online booking available 7 days in advance
- Coaching groups and individual lessons for adults and children will resume in their normal slots, starting from Thursday 3rd December. Participants should attend their normal session thereafter, with the four postponed sessions added to the end of the current course
- the café is required to remain closed whilst Tier 2 restrictions are in place
- it is vital to please continue following the “Rule of 6” and not mix in larger social groups
- please do not socialise before or after tennis
- social distancing must be maintained before, during and after play
- full guidance is available as follows
Our 8 floodlit tennis courts are open for pay-and-play court hirers, membership subscribers and coaching sessions. With online court booking and automated gate access via pin number, we are well placed to offer a service that meets social distancing guidelines. The courts are open each day from 08:00-21:30. Pay-and-play courts cost £8 per hour and can be booked up to 72 hours in advance.
Junior coaching groups are available for children and young people aged 4-17 and we also have a variety of adult group coaching sessions. All new participants are welcome to attend a free trial of a suitable group, and we may also organise a short assessment session. Please email or call us to arrange.
We ask that all customers please observe the government’s and national governing body’s guidelines: https://www.lta.org.uk/coronavirus.
We have 8 floodlit tennis courts available for hire, coaching and membership. The centre is located at Hanger Farm, close to both Southampton and the New Forest. There is a lovely clubhouse and patio overlooking the courts. For a whole day out, there is even a playing field, playground and paddling pool on site. We are open 7 days-per-week, all-year-round, and have lots of parking available.
Our most popular activity is our tennis coaching programme for children. We also have hundreds of local people who hire the tennis courts online, or who have gone on to become members.
Some suggested ways to play
- hire a tennis court using our online booking system
- attend a free coaching taster session before joining our weekly coaching programme
- become a member by taking out a monthly subscription
- come along to our tennis and multisport sessions in the school holidays
The Totton & Eling Tennis Centre was first built in 2004 and is maintained to the highest standard. All 8 tennis courts are floodlit and are available for hire online. Our tennis coaching programme runs all-year-round with 250+ local children attending each week. We are proud to teach around 2,000 children each year through our annual Schools Tennis Roadshow. Our adult coaching groups offer sessions year-round for beginner, improver and intermediate players. For regular social and competitive play, a monthly membership subscription offers great value. It includes unlimited court booking, extended booking priority, mix-ins, box leagues and teams.